Wednesday 26 November 2014

Say No To Smoking!

Hey there!

First of all, apologies for the lack of posts I've been uploading to my little slice of the Internet. Life has just completely taken over and I'm slowly climbing my dream ladder of success. My boyfriend and I are stronger than ever and my new job is absolutely perfect! However, this means that the time I have to draft and upload content is scarce. I miss reading and replying to your lovely comments and pouncing on my blog, just to simply spill my brain out for you. This does not mean I'll neglect my blog forever, but my posts will be far and few, so stay tuned! 


Now the intro's over and done with, I can share my exciting news! Today marks my 2 week smoke-free life! For a while now I've been determined to stop this bad habit of mine, but the process of it seemed harder than I thought. 

Smoking Kills, Smoking Causes Fatal Lung Cancer, Smokers Die Younger were only a few of the messages I saw plastered everywhere. As scary as they may seem, no matter how many times I was threatened with this on the back of a crushed up cigarette packet, I was convinced my habits were here to stay! I was surrounded by smokers on a daily basis and my hunger for cigarettes increased dramatically. I'd never wanted to become a heavy smoker, but my craving was becoming a huge issue for me and that was when I realised I needed to stop. 

I can't believe I've managed to maintain this new lifestyle change and it may not seem like a big deal to non-smokers, but it's a huge adjustment for me. There are so many perks to quit smoking:
No longer will I have to overload myself with  a ridiculous amount of Hollister perfume before entering my house. No longer will I have to worry about walking a mile ahead to avoid my non-smoking friends. No longer will I be faced with death stares as I brush past protective mothers and judgemental elderly folk.

My boyfriend was also a heavy smoker, but decided to support my decision and joined me. I won't lie to you and say my cravings have gone entirely, Lewis and I have occasional times where we could do with a cigarette. It's hard to explain... I blame it on the regular smoking habits and the fact that smoking became a conclusion for all my problems. However, despite this I've definitely seen an improvement in my health and cannot wait to see what the future holds!




Bye for now! Xxx

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, I'm really proud of you, I've seen from friends and family members how hard it can be to quit!

    Lori,
    http://loriscreativity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, this means a lot to me! It's definitely been a struggle and I'm still not entirely over the cravings, but I have no intention of starting again! <3 xx

      Delete