Wednesday 8 October 2014

All Children, Except One, Grow Up!

Hey there!

It's that time of year again - time to get out those warm, fluffy jumpers, woolly socks, burning scented candles, drinking creamy hot chocolates. Time to say goodbye to those dusk evenings and long, summer days and welcome in the cool, moonlit nights and cosy snuggles by the fire, tucked up underneath a bunch of blankets. 



It's safe to say this month for me started as a special one! For so long, I'd spent my whole time longing and dreaming for this moment - the transition from a passionate teen with big dreams to a young adult ready to embrace the real world and finally, last Friday was when all the celebrations began!

This year, I was lucky enough to celebrate this special occasion with all of my family and friends. Early morning snuggles with my boyfriend on this cold, autumnal day was definitely the best way to begin my 18TH, playing some old classics from my childhood CD's. Followed by a chilled evening at my favourite restaurant with my family, drinking my first legal alcoholic drink and munching on birthday cake. The following evening's celebrations, my boyfriend and I took a trip down to the local pub, because you can't celebrate your 18TH properly without a good few cocktails. It's safe to say that night will be a memory, never to be forgotten! So, to wrap up my busy weekend, I couldn't resist, but to spend my final birthday evening with a bunch of my close friends and a Chinese buffet - yummy!


Becoming an adult comes with adult responsibilities, stresses and a heavy workload! I'm now fully legal of age, responsible for my actions, that I can no longer blame on a younger sibling or pass onto another family member! I'll miss my childish sense of humour, the pranks I used to get away with and most of all, being able to borrow some small change from my parents or expecting to find my bedroom spotless! However, I'll no longer do I need to suffer the deep, penetrating fear of being sent away empty handed from shops with no proof of ID. No longer will I have to rely on my parents permission to go out for a good night!


But as the title of this post suggests, I am determined to be that exception - the girl who'll settle comfortably by the fire in her Bambi pyjama's, watching back-to-back Disney films, hoping for her fairytale to come true. Let's see how long this lasts for!

Bye for now! Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment