Sunday 20 April 2014

Life Update: London Lassie

Hey there!

As a follow up from the last post, I thought I'd share my experiences from my day out in London. Luckily for me, the capital city is only a short train ride away from my hometown, so at any given opportunity, I'm there! London always excites me, I just get so caught up in the buzzing atmosphere, especially when the day comes to a close and the buildings light up!


I was well equipped for my journey to London with an ice cold bottle of water and Heat magazine, starting the day catching up on this weeks hottest celebrity news! After a rather pleasant train ride, we hopped off at London Bridge and I just couldn't resist capturing a picture of the Shard - forever feeling like a tourist! 


Into the Underground we went, packed tightly together like sardines - the only acceptable time to be face-to-face, nose touchingly close to a stranger! Our first trip was to the Monument - built to commemorate the Great Fire of London. A tough climb for someone that doesn't do a lot of exercise, with a 311 step trek to the top! The scenic view makes it all worthwhile, as you tower high above the city of London. It's not often you manage to capture two famous landmarks in one picture! I even managed to take a few selfies, despite the wind blowing in my face. 


No trip to London is complete without some sightseeing, so next stop was St. Paul's Cathedral! Passing through the busy streets, dodging all the tourists, I realised not once have I ever appreciated this building. Standing in the cathedral grounds, I noticed how intricately designed it was and pictured the many workers it must have took to create this spectacular landmark. After many snapshots and much amazement, we continued on our travels! As we crossed the Millennium Bridge, counting the padlocks along the way, the famous Shakespearean Globe Theatre came into view. Yet another building I had not come across in London before. Fun fact: the Globe Theatre is the only building in London to be made with a thatched roof!


To continue our cultural trip, we visited the Tate Gallery! I'm not a massive fan of artwork, nor did I ever enjoy art in school, but I'm always intrigued at how artists manage to interpret different aspects in life and portray them in such creative ways - something I've always found impossible! Picasso has always been a favourite artist of mine and I spent a while pondering over his artwork and appreciating his talent. However, other artists left me speechless, and I didn't understand the logic in their 'works of art'... It was certainly an experience!


After all this excitement, I had worked up a rather large appetite! We'd been so busy and eaten not even a morsel, that there was no way we could avoid food. In-fact, we'd been so occupied that we'd managed to skip lunch! We treated ourselves to a much deserved McDonald's and I was pleasantly surprised that they had vegetarian options. I would definitely recommend the Spicy Veggie Wrap to any vegetarian readers and non-vegetarians, it was just that good. Finishing off with a free Monopoly Instant Win Toffee Sundae - so worth it!


The last visit of the day was to Ripley's Believe It Or Not museum. I'd never really considered the museum before and had always by-passed it when in London, but it was a great experience. Full of surprises and some real eye openers - from the World's Tallest Man, (featured below,) to the World's Heaviest Woman and my personal favourite Lizard-man! All his life he'd been a street artist and wanted to express this in his own being, so transformed himself into a reptile. Time flew by in the museum and somehow we'd spent 3/30 hours there! 


But that's not where the excitement ends! For the train journey home, I treated myself to a Mars Bar, but when I opened it something caught my eye. 'Congratulations, you've won a free bar!' I've never won a competition before, so you can imagine how thrilled I was to have received this lucky treat. I could not believe it - such a great ending to the day!

Bye for now! Xxx 

5 comments:

  1. Love this! Looks like you had a busy day :) I still haven't been to Ripley's but I think I might have to pay it a little visit now xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't something that crossed my mind either, but was really an enjoyable visit! The Mirror Maze was something I didn't mention, but that was good too! xx

      Delete
  2. Love your blog!

    Could you check out my blog and follow it on bloglovin? I will follow back immediately!
    I have at least one new post a day!

    Stay fancy!
    xxx Kelly-Louise

    fancysince1992.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wicked post! Looks like you had a good day!
    I love London!!! Camden rocks!!!

    x

    fixmeinfortyfivex.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was one of the busiest days! I agree, Camden is great for some good bargains!! xx

      Delete