Friday 30 January 2015

5 Things I Want To Make A Habit

Hey there, 

Habits are usually something you want to give up, right? Biting your nails, binging on junk food for example? Occasionally I'll do things that make me feel good, things that I want to spend more time on to enable me to become more organised. These activities are what I want to become a habit to make me a better person, but in order for that to happen I must share them with you!

I'm a huge fan of lists, I don't think I could possibly be productive without them! If I'm not sat scribbling away in my notepad, then I'm probably rushing around completing all the tasks I was meant to do that I didn't have time for because I was too busy creating my list. In-fact, I'm pretty certain that making lists is my new favourite habit!



Listed below are my top 5 things I want to make habits:

1. Spend 5 - 10 Minutes Putting Things Away

Everyone loves coming home to a tidy bedroom, right? I feel it creates a better thinking space and makes me feel more productive. I usually have spare moments in my day, which I could use to declutter my space and generally tidy my occasional mess. I choose not to just so I can watch my favourite series on Netflix or catch up with my friends.

If you haven't guessed by now, I am the best at procrastinating. especially when it involves housework. I even blog away at work just to kill some extra time, but I've decided this needs to stop. My new routine will be to leave at least 5-10 minutes - making the bed, cleaning my desk space and throwing away all my old products!

2. Burn Scented Candles

It's almost impossible being a blogger to not like candles. I am a huge fan of Yankee Candles and can spend hours in store testing every single scent. There's nothing better than having a warm glow on your bedside table/desk on a winter's evening whilst blogging away!

3. Use My Travel Time Wisely

On an average working day, I spend at least an hour commuting to and from work. As much as I enjoy rocking out to my favourite tunes along the journey, I find that reading would be a much better way to pass the time. I love to get stuck into a good novel, but find I don't have much spare time to do this anymore. I'm not much of a people person in the morning so I think this would be a great way to spend my travel time!

4. Spend at least 30 Minutes Reading A Night

There's no denying that I'm a little geek! Growing up, I was an avid bookworm and used to always have my head in a book. I miss reading every evening with the warm glow of my lava lamp in the background. Recently, I've been recommended a couple of books that are worth reading, so I think adding this to my daily routine will be a good idea!

5. Save One Night A Week For Me-Time

It's not often I get the chance to treat myself to a pamper session at home. I love to treat myself to a bubbly LUSH bath with some relaxing tunes or Netflix playing in the background. I would consider myself to be a social butterfly and love to spend my evenings hanging with a group of my friends. Recently, I've found these late nights leave me feeling groggy and demotivated in the mornings and so I feel a night in would solve all my problems!



If you liked this post, comment below what things you want to make a habit?

Bye for now! Xxx

2 comments:

  1. I agree with number 3! I usually use it as nap time haha!

    Hope you can follow me back :)
    www.milimanicure.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could never do that, I'd definitely miss my stop then! xx

      Delete