Friday 9 January 2015

Water Challenge

Hey there!

Christmas is over now, but unfortunately that doesn't mean in the UK the weather is getting any warmer. The winter bugs are spreading and the bitter wind chills your bones! I've never had any problems in the past with my skin - I've always made sure to moisturise well and have managed to avoid the teenage acne, but winter this year has been an issue. During this time of year, my skin tends to dry up and flake away - sounds gross I know, but with the help of my collection of moisturisers, I seem to power through the tough months! 



Due to a number of circumstances, my stress levels have gone sky high. As a result of this, my skin is slowly breaking out with unwanted spots. Most teenagers in this scenario would head straight to the chemist and grab as many spot creams as possible, but I'm positive I've found the perfect solution. 

I seem to always forget to hydrate myself properly - it's a habit I've slowly fallen into. During the day at work I usually drink endless amounts of coffee, but never take advantage of the water cooler in my office. It's become apparent that I've been feeling sluggish and rather lazy with constant headaches. Recently, I've decided to ditch the caffeine and pour myself a glass of cold water instead. Not only do I feel it would do wonders for my skin, I believe it will really help to clear my mind! 

Alongside drinking plenty of water, I'm determined to start exercising - I've become a solid couch potato since Christmas! Stress is one of the major factors for my breakout this year, but after browsing the Internet for tips on diffuse my situation, I found this list of activities to stress less. Since I've decided that this is the year I focus on myself and my habits, I felt these would really help my first obstacle of 2015:



However, I understand that exercise isn't everyone's cup of tea and sometimes it's just not physically possible to fit this into your daily routine. Therefore, I would highly recommend trying out The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Cleansing Lotion. I've been using this for a couple of days now before I settle down to sleep and I can already see some improvements. I love the way it leaves a refreshing lasting effect after wiping away the face wash and I am pleased that my skin is reacting well to the lotion - fingers crossed I will be spot-free by next week!



I hope this helps some of you who may be suffering with the same skin breakouts this winter!

Bye for now! Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment