Friday 16 January 2015

Books of 2015 #1

Hey there!

Can you believe it, it's we're almost a quarter of the way into 2015 and what a year it's been so far! we're already 3 weeks into 2015 and what a year it's been so far! If you're an avid reader of my blog then you should be familiar with the challenges I set myself at the start of this year, (which you can read all about here.) 

Top of my list in my resolutions for 2015 was to rediscover my love for reading and there's nothing better than tucking into bed, after a busy day, with a creamy, hot chocolate and a good novel. Instead of burying my head deep inside a book tonight, I thought I'd start a series sharing with you my favourite books of 2015!



Girl Online - my first book of 2015 just had to be the YouTube sensation Zoella's, Girl Online. Despite all the controversy associated with this book, I was eager to start reading and did not hesitate to pick it up. 

Girl Online features a young teen called Penny, who lives with her family, next door to her gay best friend, Elliot and set in her seaside town, Brighton. Penny suffers from panic attacks, (much like the writer,) and finds herself in some awful situations. A whole spiral of events unfold around her including a handsome, young man sweeping her off her feet, but we all know romance never comes easy!



This book honestly had me hooked! I may be biased, as you all know how much I idolise Zoe, but I found this novel to be an extremely addictive read - I managed to fly through it in a matter of days.Written mainly in first person with cleverly written blog posts - a nice little added touch to the novel, as we all know online content is what Zoe writes best! 

I'll be honest with you, I found the ending of the book a little too rushed and was expecting more from it, but nevertheless I really enjoyed the novel and would recommend you go and buy it - it's definitely worth the money!

Rating: 9/10 

I can't believe it's taken me this long to rekindle my love for reading, but I can assure you there will be plenty more reviews appearing on my little slice of the Internet - so keep your eyes peeled!

Comment below: what's your favourite book to read during the spring?

Bye for now! Xxx

1 comment:

  1. I just started reading The Girl on the Train - MUST!
    Xoxo Steph

    ReplyDelete